Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Been a while...

A little over 3 weeks and I will be back at home. These last 6 weeks seem like they have lasted longer than my entire stay here. I am so excited to come home it is making it tough being here. Don’t get me wrong, I have loved the experience and I am so glad that I had this opportunity. But the excitement of being back at home is in full force now!! =)

Tonight we say good bye to Bush and Hello to Barak!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! I am so excited…it is about time we have a change. I know that this is huge in the US, but I was taken back by how excited the UK is about this. It has been the number 1 story on the news, and there are going to be late night parties all over the city tonight. I am disappointed because I wanted to try to go to one, but with the time difference it is going to be really late here. And unfortunately I have an early morning taping tomorrow, so I don’t want to be out late. So I will be watching it on BBC from my flat! It has been interesting to see the coverage from here. It is a refreshing feeling to see how positive the world is reacting to his election. It has almost felt like the rest of the world has been laughing at us for the past 8 years…now they are starting to respect us. I saw an interview with a British citizen this morning, and he said that he hoped that the UK would follow in the footsteps of the US in breaking the racial and class barriers. He said that Barak does not only bring hope to Americans, he also brings hope to the world. A big day in History today. And when my kids ask me where I was….I have to say…in the UK!!!! At least I was able to be home to Vote!

It goes without saying….but I miss you all so much. I am looking forward to seeing you all very shortly.

LOVE YOU!

Lisa

No comments: